Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sitting here on a Sunday night....

....and I'm feeling positive.

I did a session at the gym today.  It was a light session due to my achilles issue, but I'm hoping I'll be getting out for a slow run on the flat tomorrow.  At the gym I just did 2x5mins slow running, 20 mins on the bike and 2x15mins of stretching.

Today is also my last day of drinking alcohol until February half term.  I knocked the booze on the head successfully in the last part of last year and felt this helped with my training, so I'm hoping to keep it going in the new year.  It remains to be seen if I continue to see improvements in my running, but I'm hoping I will.

As I sit here typing, the achilles is feeling okay so I'm hoping the issue has sorted itself out after 7 days off running.

Also, my wife has tonight reminded me that this time last year I was 14st 9lb (93kg) whereas this morning I was a much more reasonable 13st 2lb (83kg).  Here's hoping I'll keep around that weight over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment