Monday, January 07, 2013

First run of the New Year

It's been a late start of the year for me, since completing the December running streak on NYE.  As I mentioned though, I have had a slight niggle in my achilles so have eased off to try and clear the injury up for me to start my marathon training properly.

So, I went out for a slow and steady 4-mile run on a flat route after work today and I'm pleased to say I felt okay.  The achilles did feel a bit tight for a mile or so, but after that it felt fine.  It was good to get back out again, and it was a nice run out on a scenic seafront route.

I'm going to continue to ice and stretch the achilles over the next week or so, and presuming I am okay tomorrow and not hobbling around I'm planning a 5-miler on both Wednesday and Friday and hopefully a slightly longer run (8-10 miles) on Sunday all being well.  All of this will be at a slow and steady pace on flat routes.

I've also got off to a start on the Marathon Talk Jantastic challenge as well, where I have set myself the target of doing four session a week through January.

No comments:

Post a Comment