Sunday, January 06, 2013

Achilles is getting better, but I haven't ran for 6 days

The achilles issue I mentioned in the previous post is getting better, but I have decided not to run for a whole week and have been going to the gym instead (yawn!!).  It feels ok (not 100%, but it's not painful as such ...more of a very slight discomfort) when walking around but when I lightly squeeze it there is some pain. The pain/discomfort has been reducing over the 6 days I've taken off. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 the pain when I squeeze it is only a 2, but I am wary of achilles injuries. 

Annoyingly, I felt it go when I was out for a long walk in the new year and not when running although I appreciate it still could be running induced. I do have a dilemma as my gym membership runs out on the 8th Jan and I was planning on not renewing it.  I'm thinking I'll go for a slow trot tomorrow and see how it is and then make my mind up about the membership.

I'm hoping to do the MarathonTalk Jantastic challenge and I've set my goal for January to run 4 times per week.  From the website, there are the following rules which help keep the motivation and consistency going in the early part of the year, with the objective being that you set the goals at the start of each month and report your progress against those goals on a weekly basis.


January = How many runs per week?
February = January + How far will you go?
March = January + February + How fast will you go?
Jantastic = January + February + March
You set it. You stick to it. You run. You get your 'Jantastic' score!



No comments:

Post a Comment