Monday, January 14, 2013

7 miles, with 10K at a quick (for me) pace

I've just got back from a pretty good 7 miler, with 10k of it at a quick (for me) pace.  My achilles felt good and I felt the need to "blow the cobwebs away" after a couple of weeks of slow runs (or no runs).  Splits for the 10K are below.  This was on a flat route (6 and a bit times around Paignton Green, for those that know it) and I was lucky that I didn't get held up at all by cars etc.  I was hoping that each mile would have been faster that the previous one, and I was really pleased with the results when I saw them.

1          07:46.4           1
2          07:35.7           1
3          07:26.1           1
4          07:24.1           1
5          07:15.7           1
6          07:12.8           1
7          01:38.0           0.23

Total    46:18.8           6.23

Route is here

I know this isn't strictly to plan, but I just fancied it today!  I'll keep an eye on my achilles tomorrow but I'm hoping the issue is now sorted.  I'm hoping to get along to club training on Wednesday, but we'll see.

In the past, I've done a lot of my running on or near this area and it's only since joining the club that I've been venturing onto different routes.  However, with my achilles playing up as it was, I was advised to seek out some flat routes so my 4 of my last 5 runs have been back on my old stomping ground and I've enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment