Monday, February 04, 2013

First run of the week and Febulous starts

I got a 7 mile run at target half marathon pace and it was okay, but not brilliant.  I think I'm not fully back to normal following the weekend's excesses!  It was good to get the first run of the week out of the way though, and I had pleasure in marking my first run of Febulous off!

I averaged 07:57 min/mile, so on track for the sub 1:45 PB on the weekend, all being well!  It's a tough ask for me to knock another 5-mins off of my 1:50 PB and it's not a given at this stage, but I'm in with a shout if everything goes well (weather, food, drink, race tactics, race crowds) etc.  As I'm sitting here writing this, I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't get a 1:4X time....we'll see how I get on.

Shades from the Runner's World thread has posted a "Noddy's guide to marathon preparation", which is really useful.  It talks about what to do in the taper work, things to keep in mind for the Saturday before the event, preparation for the day of the, the race itself and some important post-race things to do.  I've printed it out actually, and I will take it with me to my marathon in May!

So, tomorrow is a rest day where I'll do some more stretching and to try make sure I continue to get some liquids into me.  I am planning a club session on Wednesday, a slow/easy 4-5 miler on Friday and then the race itself on Sunday.

There looks to be some good sessions on the Wednesday night club session, so I'm not sure yet what I'll choose:

  • Churchills 3 hills challenge - 45min continuous running, 2 uphill & 1 downhill
  • 10 x 400m - Even paced efforts with 90 second recovery
  • Lamp Post relays - Run warm up, lamp post reps and run cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment