Friday, February 01, 2013

4 mile (fast) recovery

I got a fast 4-miler recovery in today (following the 16-miler yesterday) and I felt good.

It was probably helped by the fact that I wore a new pair of running shoes.  It's not the most fascination picture, but the shoe on the right is an old one and the one on the left is a new one.  They are the same model, but different a colour different.  According to my Garmin Connect site I've done round 700 miles in my old ones.



It seems there is a relatively even wear on it, although the top left of the picture (that is the inside of my left heal) wears quite a lot more than the right.  I'm not really sure if this is "normal" or not, but I do know the shoe has quite a lot of support in that area.  I have a race next Sunday so I may wear my old pair for that, but then move permanently over to the new pair.  We'll see.

I did buy 3 more pairs of the shoes I wear (they are Asics GT-2170) as I do get on with them well.   Sportsshoes.com had a sale on, so I got 3 more pairs, and got 10% and free delivery via Quidco.  I do now have 6 pairs (7 with the my old 700-mile pair!).

With the 4 miles today (fourth run of the week) that is Jantastic completed at 100% :-)  February gets a harder challenge where you have to say what your longest run each will be, as well as how may runs a week will be done.  I'm up for it though!


No comments:

Post a Comment