Sunday, February 24, 2013

A quick 5-miler

After a strange week where I haven't really overly enjoyed my running, I had the final session of the week which in my plan was down as "5 mile easy".  I took it relatively easy yesterday and although I did have a couple of beers yesterday I wasn't feeling too bad this morning and was "up for" a run.  However,  it was very cold and there was even some light snow in the air, so the signs weren't pointing towards it being a particularly great run!

I covered my Garmin and decided to go for a quick tempo session to see what I could do.  For the 5-mile effort, I managed 07:30 min/mile which is pretty good for me.  So, all in all, I've finished this week's running on a relative high so I'm pleased.

I am due to run Bideford Half Marathon next weekend, and it's billed as another quick course.  I think there are around 30-40 Trotters attending the event, and I am secretly hoping for another PB but it will depend on how it goes on the day (as always!).  As I have been so tired this week and little bit "off" the running, I was thinking about playing the training by ear up until the half and I'm still going to do that.  My plan currently has so I'll see how that goes:
- 10, including some tempo
- 2 lots of 5
- 13.1 on race day.

I did have to move things around a bit on my plan, because the Half Marathon next weekend didn't fall in with the planned long run that weekend for which a 20-miler is scheduled.  That is the reason I did 20 on this week's LSR as I knew I wouldn't be able to get that mileage in next week.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had been in touch with Amby Burfoot with regard to him sending me a signed copy of his book.  Well, he has emailed me saying that he has posted the book, so hopefully that will be with me soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment