Tuesday, March 05, 2013

This is an important month for my training

This is a very important month for my marathon training, so I hope it goes well.  Time will tell.

I got a 4-mile recovery run in yesterday and felt fine, if a little achey.  This morning I'm fine and think I could got for a long run if I wanted to.  That's good as it means I have recovered pretty well from the weekend's efforts.

(**If you're slightly squeamish, please don't read the next bit).
I think I may lose a toenail though.  I did lose the same nail that is causing issues after London 2010 and it is a bit sore today as well.  I've been advised to Lock Lacing, which will help the laces stay tight and help avoid movement in the shoe.

(**You can carry on reading now...).
A I mentioned, this is an important month for me with a couple of  20 milers in the plan.  I may actually up one of those to 22 if I feel I can.

The rough plan is:
w/c 4th March
5 mile easy
Club speed/hill training
8 mile easy
16 mile LSR
Total:  about 34

w/c 11th March
9 mile easy
Club speed/hill training
6 mile easy
20 mile LSR
Total: about 40

w/c 18th March
5 mile easy
15 mile mid-week long run
8 mile tempo
10K race
Total: about 34

w/c 25th March
10 mile easy
Club speed/hill training
5 mile tempo
20-22 LSR
Total: about 40-42

If I do that lot, it'll be around 163 miles (including the half I did on the 3rd), which I think will be a record.  In a way, the 10K race has come at the wrong time for me as that week's mileage is down a bit on what it should be, but I think it should work out okay.

I'm still on 100% for Jantastic, which I'm pleased with.  The March challenge is to specify how many runs a week I'll do (I've said 4 again) and  say what the longest runs each week will be (I've planned the above and input that into the Marathon Talk website).  The extra challenge for March is to say what I'll do a set distance in.  For that, I'm using the 10K race and I've said 46:30, so we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment