Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back in the groove?

After writing yesterday that I hadn't had the best of weeks, and that I was thinking that this would be the first week that I wouldn't get 100% in Jantastic I pulled out a great run after work today.  I did 15 miles (which was my Jantastic mileage goal for this week) in 9min/mile with the final two miles being 08:14 and 08:21so it is a real confidence booster following the Sunday run which didn't go so well.

I know this is not an advisable pace for an LSR (it's at my target marathon pace) but I was feeling good so decided to go for it, and I think it was the boost I needed after feeling at a bit of a low for the last few days.  It's also still a few weeks away until the marathon so I still have plenty of time to do LSRs at the correct training pace. I've got a 20, 15, 22 and a 14-miler planned and then a 20 week taper before the marathon date.

Interestingly, I have actually put on some weight over the last few weeks which is annoying!  I was 12st10 a few weeks ago whereas this week I was 13st1 so it is a fairly sizeable increase in weight, even though I have been increasing the mileage in that time frame.  I have been eating a bit more these last few weeks as I have been more hungry but I need to keep an eye on this and try and get the weight back down under 13st if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment