Saturday, March 23, 2013

A nice run yesterday and a 10K tomorrow

I got a nice mixed paced 5-miler in after work yesterday.  It's the first time in a while that I have run with music, but for some reason I just fancied it  yesterday.  Rudimental's "Not Giving In" was on my iPod and it was great to run to.

I googled the song afterwards, and it is a cracking video as well.  It's basically about two young Pilipino   brothers who are very close, but at one critical point in their lives they choose a different way of life leading to one of the brothers ending up shot.  The lyrics are pretty simple, but it put a spring in my step on my run.

This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in,
This time, I'm gonna be stronger, no, I'm not giving in.
I have the Exeter "Wrap up and run" 10K tomorrow, and I'm hoping for a PB at this distance.  However, I'm getting my excuses in early as I got an email from the organisers saying "Please be aware that the route is going to be very wet and muddy, so make sure you dress accordingly".  It looks like it could be a bit of a mud-fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment