Tuesday, July 02, 2013

A bit of an update

I haven't posted since my win over my sister-in-law in the Torbay Half Marathon, but I've been keeping the training going.

I did a parkrun (my 3rd, at Killerton) on Saturday and went for a medium long run with a couple of club mates on the Sunday which helped me towards a weekly mileage of 32.44 over 5 sessions following the half marathon.  This was about 5 miles down on my original weekly plan, but I was feeling quite tired last week so decided not to do the planned 15 LSR but settled for around 10 instead.

This week I've got around 40 miles planned including an 18 mile LSR, but I'll see how that goes.  I did a 6 mile easy run yesterday and felt fine, and today I've got an 8 mile with 5 at half marathon pace planned.

For the run up to the Dartmoor Vale marathon I was looking around for a fast half marathon and have settled on Bridgwater Half Marathon in September.   It's not the best timing as it's a bit too far away from the Dartmoor Vale marathon but it will be a good test to see where I am with my fitness and general speed.  Looking at the course profile (although the course has changed since last year) I will be looking for a PB, but as always, it depends on so many things leading up to the event as well as what happens on the day itself.

My wife and I are also looking at doing an "away" parkrun and may travel up to Barnstaple for a couple of nights.  Barnstaple is where we visited prior to my PB at Bideford half marathon but I expect I won't be quite as careful regarding food (and, importantly, drink!) for a 5K.  We happen to know of a decent cocktail place in Barnstaple where I hope to be sampling a few drinks on the Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment