Thursday, July 11, 2013

5x1K session

I was due to do a 5x1K session with the club last night, but there was a last minute of change of training route to one I don't especially like, so I decided to do my own session on a course I know.  I did a 5x1K session by myself with plenty of recovery in between (plus 2 mile w/u and 2 mile c/d).  It had cooled a bit, but it was a tough session and the stats for the efforts were:


Time         Av pace
4:09.7       6:41
3:58.0       6:25
3:56.4       6:21
3:54.5       6:18
3:59.7       6:23, which is an average pace for the 1K efforts of 6:25.

I'm relatively pleased with that as I felt strong on the run, but also disheartened as I did the same session on the same route (the only difference being that it was with the Club and not by myself) back in March and the average pace then was more or less the same (6.24), so I seem to have plateued a bit

Looking back through my training log, I'm pleased that I've kept the consistency going with a mixture of LSRs, speed sessions etc (I've done 300 miles since my marathon at the start of May, covering 41 training sessions) but it seems I need to tweak something if I want to improve.  Not sure what yet though....

Rest day for me today as I've ran 3 days in a row this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment