Friday, July 08, 2011

First gym session

I had a Physio session yesterday (my third session since being injured) and I was informed that I should be okay to go back the gym. At the Physio session I did a very light and short jog on the treadmill and had some pain, so he recommended that I not run for a while yet. He also said to start of slowly and build up gradually.
    With that in mind, I completed:
    - 15min walk on 15 (max) incline @ 4.8kph.
    - 15min recumbent cycle @ 10kph.
    - 10min cross trainer @ 10kph (felt some discomfort, so stopped)
    - 2 lots of stretching
      The Physio recommended leg curls for my hamstrings so I completed 2 sets of 10 reps on 25kg (which is light). I had some pain, so stopped after the two sets.
        Anyway, it was good to be back and getting a sweat up, and getting my heart rate going. Much better than waking around the village anyway!

        No comments:

        Post a Comment