Friday, August 30, 2013

Forest Flyer

I have had to move things around a bit this week as we're having our bathroom done and one of the workmen didn't leave until 8:30pm on Wednesday and I was really tired on Thursday after work.  I'm still hoping to get 5 session in this week though, but I wanted 10-11 days between my long run and the next Half Marathon, which won't happen if I do get a long run in on Sunday.

Anyway, I managed to get a number for a local race called the Forest Flyer tonight (Friday) which is a 5-mile race that is part of the Teignbridge Trotters Club Championship.  I'm not doing the Championship, but as my wife wasn't getting back from a trip away until late on Friday I decided to get a run out.  I don't overly like the off road stuff but this was more of a trail race with no large obstacles so the terrain wasn't bad.  There was a very large hill at the end (it lasted 1 mile) which was a killer, but I enjoyed the event.  I won't be sure of my my time until the results are published as I forgot to stop my watch, but it was 38:50ish I think which I'm quite pleased with.

The profile of the event is below.


No comments:

Post a Comment