Sunday, August 18, 2013

It was the Men's World Championship Marathon in Moscow yesterday and I watched the whole race.  I was on the look out for Yuki Kawauchi, as he is very popular on Marathon Talk.  He is a 2:08 runner and has a full time job in Japan and he races a lot!  He did get a bit of coverage on the BBC as well.  He didn't do amazingly well (he finished 18th), but it was good to see him.

I mentioned back in June for the Torbay Half that I had arranged to meet an old school friend after the race.  I went out with him and his brother again last night, and it was good to catch up and we were talking about running, triathlons etc.  He was talking about that he has removed most (if not all) sugar from his diet and has seen him times tumble this year.  It's food for thought for me (no pun intended) as I still think I need to lose a few pounds from a running perspective.

I mentioned in a previous post that I had read Chrissie Wellington's (A Life Without Limits) book about Ironman, which was a very good read.  Chrissie raced a lot at the renowned Kona Ironman event, and there are rumours going around the Internet that Gordon Ramsay is doing the event this year.  There are no real reputable sources that I can find (except the Daily Mail, which has delighted in publishing pictures of Ramsay getting changed for a training session, which I'm not going to link to here) but there is a thread on Runner's World about it.  It will be interesting to see if Ramsay does the event, although it seems he hasn't made the qualification time so may have got a place as he is a celebrity.

My wife and I went out for another run this morning around our popular stomping ground of Torquay/Paignton.  We had seen adverts around for a Sky Ride event in Paignton, and it was good to see that it was very well attended.  Basically, a few roads are closed from 10:30am-4pm, and it is an opportunity for people to get out on their bikes in a safe environment.  The event was really well attended which is good to see.  I'm not sure if it's a regular thing, but details of my local event are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment