Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back into the swing of things

I seem to be back in the swing of things training-wise.  This week I've done 4 sessions totalling 32 miles, and have done a mix of sessions.

I am a bit concerned that I've lost some pace though.

On Wednesday, I did a club session which was 5x1k loops.  It was on a trail as opposed to road, but the splits were slower than my best.

On Wednesday they were:
- 4:38, 4:29, 4:31, 4:39, 4:31

A few weeks ago on 13th March on a flat road course they were:
- 4:14, 4:15, 4:08, 4:09, 4:03, so you can see I've slowed considerably, even taking into account the session this week was on a trail!  This isn't good news and I just hope I get the pace back before my half marathon in June.

Also, I did an 8-mile run with 5 at half-marathon pace and it was extremely tough.  The 5 mile block was done in:
- 7:57, 7:57, 7:44, 7:34, 7:36, which is more or less what I need to do for 13.1 mile in only 4 weeks time.  At the moment it doesn't seem likely.

On a positive, I today got a good 12 mile LSR in, with the last two miles at 8min/mile pace and I enjoyed the run and generally felt fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment