Monday, December 30, 2013

Post-Xmas post

A quick update since my last post is that I unfortunately didn't manage to get one of my club's London Marathon places, but I am first reserve in the unlikely event that someone pulls out.

Over the Xmas period, I managed to keep the running going so I'm quite pleased.  I also got a 10K race in yesterday!  It was called the Stoke Stampede in Taunton and it was a great little race and the conditions were perfect - it may have been a tad cold for some people, but it was perfect for me.  I managed to get around in 44:02 (this is my Garmin's time, so unofficial at the moment).  It's not quite a PB, but my PB is on a course where the first mile is down hill so I don't really count that.  This is a PB on a course that I would consider to be a fair one so I'm really pleased as I feel I've finished the year on a bit of a high!



Mile splits were 7:17, 7:14, 7:07, 7:01, 6:55, 6:45 with the last bit at 1:42 so you can see I got progressively quicker, although I definitely lost a few seconds in the first mile or so due to congestion.  This is an average of 7:03, and I had nothing left at the end.

I'm already looking forward to my next 10K which is next weekend on a very flat course although if it's windy the course can be tough as it's fairly exposed.  The next race is the first one that is part of my club's championship and it will be a good way to ease myself into that.  There are a large number of my club doing it so that should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment